Saturday, August 2, 2008

Surender

God used some things to really convict me the other day about my need to rely on Him more and more in all areas of my life. I have always had difficulty just blindly relying on His providence, and I realized how selfish that is.

In merely the past year, He has given me a full ride scholarship to a college that simply brims with opportunities for unique educational, extracurricular, and most importantly ministerial endeavors.

But in addition to that, he has blessed me with incredible friendships, some that were established long ago and have simply blossomed anew, and some that have just started but have already shown their worth, and other that never stopped, but have seemingly always been from years and years ago.

He has given me the safety of a roof over my head, safe food and water, and a safe place to worship...commodities that are oft taken for granted, but can be very difficult to attain in other countries.

And many, many, many other things that I have not time nor space to list.

It really struck me though as I considered all of that just how foolish I was to ever doubt His providence. So many times, I have counseled others to trust in His provision, while I myself tried to "take the necessary steps" to ensure my own happiness or well-being, lest God not do it "how I wanted it done". And in every single situation the outcome that He established, was always far better than anything I could have fabricated or wanted accomplished myself.

It is so true that hind-sight is always twenty-twenty.

So I will now, more than ever before, seek to retain the caution of Philippians 4:6-7:
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Particularly now, as I enter a stage of my life that is completely foreign and unknown, where many important parts of the course that the rest of my life will take will be established. So I ask you brothers and sisters, to please pray for me that I may learn to increasingly surrender my life to the One Who had all control to begin with and deserves all control to the end.

No comments: